BESTrustees Limited are seeking to grow their ambitious head office team by adding a dedicated and passionate professional with prior RFP and pensions-industry knowledge, to take ownership of the new business process, working directly with the Board and our Executives on proposals, business development and marketing. The role will have primary responsibility for bid coordination and could be a stepping-stone to becoming a Trustee in due course, which is an excellent path for career progression. If you fit this profile and are keen to join a successful pension governance trusteeship firm, this could be the right opportunity for you.
To be considered for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
, with a covering note to support the rationale behind your application.
BESTrustees is a well-established and successful company whose sole business is the governance and trusteeship of pension arrangements. Our remote-working client-facing fee earners act as trustees on the Boards of many of the country’s largest pension schemes. The company is an Employee Ownership Trust, with all employees sharing in its success.
We collaborate in a highly effective, professional, and constructive manner which facilitates decision making and enables the best possible financial outcome for all parties involved. We do this by being proactive and constructive, by maintaining positive relationships, and by adhering to high professional standards.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Business Manager within the small, 5-strong Head Office team, based in the City of London. Head Office covers all aspects of office management, governance, business development and support to our Trustee Executives. The Business Manager will report to the Head of Operations and will have primary responsibility for bid coordination. The Business Manager will work closely with the Board of Directors, Trustee Executives, Professional Introducers and Clients, to ensure client needs are met in a timely manner and to contribute to the growth of the business.
• Run the new business process
• Write and respond to RFPs
• Manage a frictionless client onboarding process
• Contribute to enhancing the external perception of the company
• Own and manage the administrative life-cycle of schemes, from on-boarding to off-boarding
• Adhere to good practice and fulfill statutory reviews
• Action processes at specific milestones of scheme life-cycle
• Act as the first point of contact for new business enquiries and manage the process throughout
• Work with key members of the introducer organisation and client organization, to obtain the information required to compile the bids/ RFPs
• Research, write and/ or check proposals and RFPs
• Respond to clients’ and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted
• Oversee and support the Board and Trustee Executives during the bid process and ensure deadlines are met
• Manage the client on boarding process diligently
• Make suggestions for, and see through, improvements to processes
• Manage website and social media content
• Maintain professional relationships with introducers
• Maintain and develop accurate records and templates of relevant processes
• Cover from time-to-time other head office responsibilities
• Prior experience in responding to, and compiling RFPs
• Familiarity with the language of pensions (e.g., what DC or DB means, but there is no requirement to have pensions or trustee technical knowledge)
• High level of IT literacy including Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint (essential to compile RFP responses and to use our CRM tool)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to drive/ own/ improve processes