Smart Pension is a rapidly-growing fintech company transforming the pensions industry for the better. We’re changing the way people interact with their pensions, from our award-winning mobile app to our industry-first Amazon Alexa integration.
In our first 6 years, we’ve gone from a small start-up to an industry-leader with over £800 million in funds under management. We’re continuing to expand and are looking to hire the very best talent to drive innovation.
Smart’s Programme Delivery Group runs all projects across Smart both internally and externally. Reporting to the PDG Head of Project Delivery and as part of the wider Smart team, we are looking to hire an experienced and dynamic business analyst with significant UK or international pensions platform experience.
The role will be working on a US-focused project and cover areas such as target operating models, integrating with our trust and custody partners and business process management.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a real focus on execution and delivery and ability to understand our business and existing operations swiftly.
What you’ll be responsible for:
• Create design flows which map out business processes that form part of a new target operating model between two organisations.
• Specific journeys include payment reconciliation as well as transactions with trust and custody partners.
• Analysing stakeholder requirements and accurately defining business requirements.
• Translating business requirements into detailed user stories.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to prioritise the delivery of user stories.
• Facilitating workshops to understand workflow, requirements, storyboards and solution behaviour.
• Creating structured documentation to inform approval steps and delivery activities.
• Working closely with cross-functional teams to work through customer specifications.
• Developing comprehensive knowledge of the existing product suite to produce gap analysis for future product deployments.
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of third party partner capabilities as well as their technologies.
• Contribute to bid responses, proposals and statements of work when assisting with pre-sales engagements.
• Work closely with all departments to ensure project and service delivery meet customer expectations.
At Smart, we're a diverse team, made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences and skills. Our goal is to build great products to help people plan for their financial futures. We’re constantly developing new ideas to help people look after their pension schemes, in the UK and abroad. We’ve grown to a team of over 300 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for our customers. Recently we made it onto Great Places to Work UK's Best Workplaces 2020 at the no.70 spot for medium-sized companies! If you think you can help us build a smarter future, come and work with us.
If you have any questions about how we store your data you can view our updated recruitment data policy.
• Must have worked within the pensions industry.
• Demonstrable knowledge of working as a business analyst.
• Experience of working in an Agile environment.
• Experience of working in a platform environment.
• Ability to work at speed and deal with ambiguity.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of non-functional requirement gathering.
• Ability to create documentation for a variety of audiences, technical, non-technical and business.
• £500 personal training budget to spend on books, courses, conferences or training materials to help you develop.
• Health Insurance (via Equipsme) including Dental, Eyecare and EAP.
• Death in Service via Unum (4 x Base Salary).
• Season ticket loans.
• 5 week sabbatical after 5 years.
• 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays. 1 extra day holiday after 2 years and then every year up to a max of 30 days holiday.
• Free nails and barbers once a month.
• Massage twice a month (only £5 for all employees) with the money going to Smart's Charity.
• Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity - 6 months fully paid / paternity - 3 weeks fully paid).
• Access to PerkBox.
• Access to Smart Rewards.
• Pension scheme via salary sacrifice. Smart Pension will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
• Cycle to work scheme.