Our client, a FTSE250 Company, has an exciting opportunity for a Pensions Project Consultant to join their team.
You will provide coaching and motivation to colleagues within the team, be responsible for managing your own time to ensure effective delivery of project work and client service level agreements. You will also be responsible for producing, checking and auditing quotes, claims and servicing work, provide constructive feedback and provide specialist skills to the team such as coding or technical support.
• Checking and auditing quotes, claims and servicing and discontinuance work.
• Identify gaps in processes and suggest solutions.
• Be able to innovate to improve unit times or accuracy either by new solutions or building on existing solutions.
• Perform project management roles including designing and maintaining project plans and risk logs and interacting with external clients.
• Escalate appropriate issues to Project Leaders / Managers / Operations Director with proposed solutions.
• Prioritising and organising own workload to ensure that deadlines are met and standards of delivery maintained including indicating when new work or assistance is required.
• Demonstrate commercial awareness including ability to record chargeable time professionally and prudently on individual contracts.
• Provide ongoing training and coaching to colleagues and support to Project Leaders / Managers / Operations Director.
To be considered for this role
• Experience of Defined Benefits Pensions (essential)
• DB Calculations experience with the ability to run the calculations
• Ability to handle and analyse complex and high volumes of data
• Strong financial awareness and understanding/experience of financial services in UK
• Flexible and proactive with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Well-developed systems proficiency particularly in Excel and Word including mail merge, basic Access proficiency
• Actuarial knowledge for those studying for an Actuarial exam or progression towards the PMI qualification
Salary & Benefits
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.