The Pensions Ombudsman has a number of opportunities for Senior Adjudicators to join our team based in Canary Wharf (with substantial homeworking). You will be working on a full or part time, initially on a fixed term contract basis until November 2022 and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £39,203 per annum.
The fixed term contracts may become permanent in due course.
Who are we?
When someone has tried to resolve a problem with their pension and isn’t satisfied with the outcome, that’s where we can step in and help.
As a totally independent body, not part of the pensions industry or government, we investigate and make decisions when someone has been unable to resolve a complaint about how their pension has been managed. Our service is free, but we have legal powers to make decisions that are final, binding and enforceable in court.
Our work can be challenging and high-profile, delivering a fair outcome for the individual and highlighting where the pensions industry can improve. Focusing on the facts, we must be balanced, fair and totally independent.
About the Senior Adjudicator role:
TPO’s Casework Adjudication teams investigate complaints and decide on the most appropriate outcome. Senior Adjudicators manage their own caseload, usually of more complex cases, ensuring that cases are concluded in a timely and efficient manner, taking into account relevant legislation and TPO’s statutory powers and purpose.
Responsibilities of our Senior Adjudicator:
• Manage a portfolio of complex cases that require more formal investigation, working within TPO’s standards and taking into account the needs of the parties concerned whilst maintaining impartiality.
• Ensure TPO’s casework management system is updated accurately.
• Investigate cases by identifying the key issues, gathering information as required and examining evidence against the required standards.
• Write articulate and well-reasoned outcomes on the merits of complaints.
• Mentor and assist in the training of less experienced members of staff.
• Share knowledge and provide technical support to other adjudicators.
Experience we’re looking for in our Senior Adjudicator:
• Complaint handling within a regulatory, ombudsman or financial services setting, OR working within the pensions industry to a level sufficient to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of occupational or personal pension schemes.
• Conducting analysis of large amounts of information and identifying key issues to be addressed.
• Writing evidence-based outcomes that stand up to scrutiny and challenge.
• Working on own initiative and managing a varied caseload within a set quality and time framework.
• Developing understanding of new areas of professional knowledge.
• Using information technology, such as casework management systems, and/or other applications to manage caseload.
• A professional pensions qualification
We offer a range of benefits, including a defined pension scheme, 27.5 days of annual leave and flexible working.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and be prepared to be security cleared to Baseline Personnel Security Standard, which requires a basic disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
TPO is a Disability Confident accredited employer.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Senior Adjudicator, please click ‘apply’ today. We would love to hear from you!