The Warwickshire Pension Fund (WPF) is a Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) servicing approximately 200 employers and 50,000 members, managing investment assets of over £2.5bn, with revenue of c.£100m.
The team that this post is within has 6 staff managed by a Pensions and Investment Manager. The team covers the investments and governance of the Fund and works closely with a structurally separate pensions administration team.
Main Duties and Objectives
To cover the role of the Pension Fund Accountant as per the ‘Role Responsibilities’ in the job description, and in particular having responsibility for the following objectives:
• Leading on the external audit of the pension fund accounts.
• Supporting the development and improvement of financial reporting to pension fund committees.
• Support the production of reports to Pension Fund Committees and Boards.
• Embedding sound documentation of practices and procedures.
• Maintaining team practices and procedures, with a view to updating them where appropriate.
• Opportunity to be involved in supporting the team in investment matters.
We believe that accounting experience outside of the LGPS, pensions more broadly and local authorities may still provide a candidate with the transferable skills to succeed in this role; we are happy to consider applications from candidates with relevant transferable skills.
We are prepared to support remote working in line with the Council’s agile working policies.
A training plan is available for those working towards a relevant qualification, with experience-based knowledge considered an acceptable alternative to a formal qualification.
To apply, please visit our website.
For a further discussion about the role please contact Victoria Moffett via email@example.com
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button, please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
Closing date: 12 October 2022.
Interviews date: 24 October 2022.