An exciting opportunity has arisen within the in-house team of this £multi-billion pension fund in the trustee governance team.
London, Bristol, Halifax or Scotland, 1-2 days per week in office
About the role
• Your work will ensure that decisions are made by the right people at the right time, taking account of the right information and advice, and recorded in the right way.
• You’ll be passionate about the crucial part that governance policies, processes and risk management play in members’ retirements. You’ll do a fantastic job supporting many of these, and some projects and strategic pieces too. You’ll work to a plan so you’ll know what needs to be done, when and how, and who needs to be involved. You’ll keep records so that we can show that we’re doing a good job.
• You’ll always have an eye on how things can be improved and streamlined. You’ll keep policies and processes up to date, and you’ll develop new ones. You’ll help the whole team to continue to evolve and be as effective as it can be. Colleagues will value your help driving up quality to meet the trustee directors’ high standards.
• You’ll plan agendas, coordinate papers and liaise with attendees so that executive sub-committee meetings are efficient and effective.
• You’ll enjoy working in variety of environments: working remotely, in an office collaborating with colleagues, and in virtual and in-person meetings.
• You’ll support the reporting of key performance indicators.
• You're someone who enjoys knowing that details are right. You’re comfortable grasping how written processes and policies are to be implemented, and just as comfortable calling out when processes and policies could be more effective.
• You're approachable and empathetic. You can understand colleagues’ perspectives while helping them to understand the importance of their role in processes.
• You’re happy to speak up, share ideas and ask questions. You capture what you learn so that you can work autonomously.
• You’ll build up technical knowledge (with our support) and be confident in using it. You’ll be confident using your judgement too, because you’ll understand what we need to achieve.
• Your written communication will be clear, concise and accurate, and will use pictures and charts to help the reader.
• We’d love to hear about your transferrable skills from similar roles. These do not have to be from secretariat or governance roles. Pensions knowledge is not essential. We’ll help you learn what you need to know.
To discuss this role in confidence please call Jo Whittington on 020 7293 7022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. please quote reference 1378329.
If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme
receive £250! This is just one of the many roles that we are working on, all of which are on our website www.sammons.co.uk
. We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace. Any salary advertised is for search purposes only. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, you have not been successful on this occasion.